Well Done Northumberland CC
Well done to Northumberland CC for adopting a new 0345 Telephone number
New 0345 council number will cut call costs for residents
Northumberland County Council is introducing a new telephone number which will help cut the cost for those ringing for help and advice.
To contact the council, residents currently call a local number based on their local exchange, or an 0845 number. Rates for this latter number differ depending on the caller’s own phone package so, to make the cost of calling the council fairer, the number is now changing to 0345 which is charged at a local rate.
The council’s previous telephone number was 0845 600 6400. The new number is 0345 600 6400 . The remaining seven digits of the telephone number will stay exactly the same.
Alongside this telephone number, you can also use one of the following local numbers to get in touch with us:
- 01670 627000 (areas covered include: Ashington, Bedlington, Blyth, Cramlington, Felton, Hartburn, Longhorsley, Lynemouth, Morpeth, Newbiggin, Red Row, Scots Gap, Stannington, Ulgham and Whalton).
- 01661 520005 (areas covered include: Belsay, Ponteland, Prudhoe, Stamfordham, Stocksfield and Wylam).
- 01665 660733 (areas covered include: Alnmouth, Alnwick, Amble, Charlton Mires, Chathill, Embleton, Longframlington, Longhoughton, Powburn, Seahouses, Shilbottle and Whittingham).
- 01668 260355 (areas covered include: Bamburgh, Belford, Chatton, Milfield, Wooler and Wooperton).
- 01669 220355 (areas covered include: Harbottle, Hepple, Netherton and Rothbury).
- 01830 570085 (areas covered include: Kirkwhelpington and Otterburn).
- 01289 540455 (areas covered include: Ancroft, Beal, Berwick-upon-Tweed, Holy Island (Lindisfarne), Lowick, Norham and Paxton.
- 01434 400388 (areas covered include: Allendale, Allenheads, Bellingham, Blanchland, Corbridge, Great Whittington, Haltwhistle, Haydon Bridge, Hexham, Humshaugh, Newbrough, Riding Mill and Slaley).
- 0191 5009044 (areas covered include: Seaton Delaval)
- 01890 230233 (areas covered include: Branxton, Carham, Cornhill on Tweed, Ford and Etal and Kilham).
Deputy Leader of Northumberland County Council, Councillor Dave Ledger said:
“ Almost 30,000 people ring the council each month. Introducing the new 0345 number will mean our residents can benefit from any discount schemes that they have in place with their telephone service provider. Most suppliers offer 01,02,03 included in their free call packages. This means that some mobile phone users who were being charged between 20p and 40p per minute could now potentially make calls to the council for free. ”
There will be a period of time where the 0845 number, and its replacement 0345 number will both be live. Up until June 30 customers ringing 0845 will still get through but will hear a message advising them of the change to the numbers.
Customers can also contact the county council, completely free of charge, via its website and use the online services at: www.northumberland.gov.uk.
Originally posted on the NCC Website