Email Address to contact DWP

Throughout our comments sections people are asking if it is possible to contact benefit sections like jobseekers Allowance, Employment Support allowance and Income support at the DWP by email.

The answer is Yes and No…. the DWP do not offer claimants the option of corresponding by email at the moment however it is possible to send a direct email to the manager of the Benefit Centre dealing with your application.

Sending and email to the benefit Centre manager is a sure way of getting a complaint listened to!

The DWP use a standard method of assigning email addresses to staff and as such if you know the first and 2nd name of a member of staff you can send them and email directly!

Please note that they are very unlikely to respond by email due to the data protection act but if you include your telephone number or enough information about your complaint to enable them to investigate and call you back then we have found that they will.

All DWP email address end with: @dwp.gsi.gov.uk and start with the 1st name then a ( . ) and the surname of the officer. As an example a manager called John Smith will have the email address [email protected]

So all you have to do is look at one of the letters sent to you by either the jobcentre or benefit section dealing with your claim and find the 1st named officer to guess an email address that will get you through.

1. Gareth Wilkins says:

I’ve just recently moved a mile down the road into a bungalow and don’t have much credit certainly not to go through automated systems and queues, an email facility sounds ideal.
    I’m very surprised there isn’t one.

2. I need some one to contract me I need to change group I claim esa

3. Zoe says:

Why hasn’t my money gone in to my bank

4. Need someone to get intouch with me on a very important matter

5. Russell young says:

I was ment to get paid to day was in job center to find out when I will get paid got told someone will call u around one pm I still have not had call back can u let me no when I will be paid please

6. Just before Xmas I asked ESA to send a letter of proof to say that my wife is on e so a twice now I’ve been told you’ll send it so we can send to southern water but still were Waiting ,
    My wife’s claim was clericly generated because at the time I was on JSA but now I’m her carer ,
    I was told you would e nail the dept who clericly generated her claim but I’ve heard nothing ,

7. paul phillips says:

Please can you contact me with regard esa medical sick note very urgent .

8. I am trying to call and help my father cancel his esa due to him recieving his pension 3 seperate times today on hold for in total over 1 and a half hours not speaking with anyone. I refuse to call again as i cannot afford the bill. How else can this be cancelled as he has spoken with the local job centre who refused to help him there and just handed him the phone number.

Thanks

9. Yasmin says:

Why isn’t there an email to contact in general? I have depression, anxiety and autism, calling out severely affects all three, especially when my credit is all wasted because of call queues. I deal with everything else online and its far more beneficial for those of us who are not neurotypical. I think whoever decided on no email does NOT have the best interest of the people you are supposed to be financially aiding. All I want is another copy of my award of benefit letter sent to me so I can forward it to stepchange. I can’t even afford to help myself get out of debt thanks to that.

10. victoria says:

I havnt been paid my esa why is this? is it because of the Christmas period ?
    I’m usually paid every 2 weeks on a Thursday and it should of been in today .. please help I need to pay bills and it’s xmas !!